Executive Assistant to Founder & CEO (Fully Remote)
You will become a trusted collaborative partner for our CEO, creating time and information leverages to help deliver against the growth priorities of the business - your mantra will be “everything gets done”.
D4H is seeking an Executive Assistant to support our Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Robin Blandford. You are expected to become a trusted collaborative partner for our CEO, becoming the go-to person for all of their business needs.
What you can expect
As an Executive Assistant, you will:
- Coordinate and manage scheduling for the CEO - including preparing briefings, agenda setting, materials, defining objectives, and circulating outcomes. Make sure our CEO is prepared with all the right documents and information he’ll need each day.
- Join some video call meetings with the CEO to ensure meetings run productively, efficiently, and on schedule. You will be responsible for capturing takeaways and organising deliverables.
- Manage and prioritise the CEO’s emails and communications, proactively create drafts for review, or respond directly where necessary.
- Serve as a sounding board for the CEO while reviewing his communications and written work, providing suggestions and improvements before sending.
- Be willing to take charge and create a focus for the CEO by formalising strategic company goals and tracking his time against them. You own the task of keeping our CEO aligned to his objective of pushing the business forward.
- Filter out daily noise and cut problems off at the pass by making decisions yourself. Actively support, direct, and manage work to help the CEO be as efficient as possible while retaining focus on the mission of the company.
- Prioritise, manage and assist the CEO with executive office operations and the daily tasks and activities required to run the company. Assist with special strategic projects as requested.
- Assist with purchasing by researching and ordering necessary items or travel bookings for the company when needed.
- Ability to identify and anticipate needs in advance and make plans accordingly.
- Draft and prepare internal and external communications such as documents, customer agreements, finance documents, employment contracts, public relations, communications, memos, etc. on behalf of the CEO.
- Assist the CEO with our recruitment process and the onboarding of new team members.
- Prepare and oversee final checks on signatures and sign-offs by the CEO.
- You will work for D4H remotely from your own home office and are expected to be able to interact seamlessly with Robin, and our wider team of global ‘crewm4tes’ through online collaboration tools such as video, chat, - email, and forums. You should be assertive enough to represent the authority of the CEO in his absence.
- Our CEO is based in Ireland, and while he regularly overlaps United States and Australian time-zones, they primarily require support during Irish working hours.
- Due to the high frequency of interactions between our CEO and our customers which you will be involved in, you must be able to professionally represent the company too.
In this role, you will be expected to handle highly sensitive and confidential financial, legal, personnel, customer, and company information on behalf of the CEO while exercising professionalism and discretion. You should apply if:
You’ve got the personality
- You are known to be supportive and helpful by default.
- You build close relationships in everything you do.
- You are accommodating, amiable, and diplomatic.
- You like to create a controlled environment around you by planning and organising.
- You are a stabilising force, dependable and consistent.
- You are not phased when dealing with ambiguous situations or uncertainty.
- You get noticed for remembering all the small details.
- You like to be known for your loyalty and trustworthiness.
You’re an Executive Assistant professional
- You’ve similar experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- You have a very high-bar for professionalism and confidentiality.
- You have the confidence to be assertive and challenge your Executive.
- You work ‘at speed’ in a web browser and with office productivity tools.
- You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a career interest in working in software & technology companies.
- Competitive salary and position in a fast-growing start-up
- Full-time permanent employment.
- 22 days paid annual leave (with an extra day each year, up to 30 days).
- Climate Positive (We offset your personal and professional carbon footprint).
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Annual company retreat ‘The Gathering’ with everyone in-person.
- Flexible working hours.
- Fully remote position from home.
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world.
Who are we?
Trusted by 100,000+ responders, emergency managers, and businesses - wherever humans go.
Companies like D4H are building insanely great stuff. We are creating thick, real, meaningful value for those involved in the response to an emergency.
There has been a drastic escalation in the type and number of incidents having an impact on the human race. Organisations and governments must respond to an ever-increasing number of these disasters that cause human, environmental, financial, and socioeconomic impacts; sometimes on an international scale.
That’s why our founder Robin Blandford, created our cloud platform for emergency response. D4H helps businesses, organisations, and public safety respond 10X more effectively to emergencies.
We are a small remote company with a fully distributed international workforce. Make joining the D4H team part of your career story.
How to apply?
Email email@example.com with an introduction to why you want to work at D4H along with your LinkedIn profile and/or resume.