Our software is used in more than 35 countries to help people prepare and respond to any type of emergency, from winter storms to severe floods, from oil spills to search and rescue operations, from corporate crises to an airline crash.
We are a small distributed team across 17 timezones, nonetheless we have an office for those in Dublin who wish to use it, and it’s in a lighthouse with wonderful views of the Dublin Bay. You will be free to come whenever you fancy some fresh sea breeze while working. At D4H we all try to be exceptionally nice people, we value inclusion and diversity, we work smart on hard problems, we like to be connected even when working apart, we care for our planet.
About the role
- Contribute to the development of our Incident Management product
- Take ownership of several areas of the codebase and lead the implementation of major new features
- Translate high-level requirements and design documents into workable tasks
- Take initiatives to continuously improve the implementation, the security and the user experience of the product
- Deliver the maximum possible value to our clients within the assigned time constraints, by organizing and prioritizing your work accordingly
- Contribute to the discussion of new projects and other company wide initiatives
- Experience in working across the entire application stack, from the database, to the backend, to the frontend.
- Experience with developing complex, scalable web applications on the cloud.
- AngularJS 1.8.x
- Angular 12+
- Mobile development with the Ionic framework
- No-SQL databases
- Offline-first applications
- Real-time web applications
What we offer
- 22 days of annual leave (+1 day for every year of service up to 30 days)
- Flexible working hours
- 100% Healthcare (US Employees)
- Climate Positive (We offset your personal and professional carbon footprint)
- Annual company retreat
- If you are based in Dublin (Ireland) you can work from our unique HQ overlooking the Dublin Bay.